July 10, 2009

A few more days to go

With even fewer days left before our departure to Costa Rica, things are feeling right! I (Joanna) went to the Diamondbacks game tonight with my friend Melissa (who I met while studying abroad in Spain in 2000) and we had a great time. I'm trying to think less about finding a yob (read: job) when I return from Sandy and my fantastic adventure, and more about just enjoying our fantastic adventure. Of course I'll miss my man, mom, family and friends while we're gone, but there is much enjoyable fun to be had. Go to work tomorrow to turn in my BlackBerry, laptop, corporate card, etc. and then will join US Airways brothers and sisters for a goodbye luncheon at Royal Taj at the amazing Indian food buffet at Southern & McClintock in Tempe, AZ.

And then there isn't much left to do. People keep asking "have you packed yet?" and my response is "what is there to pack - bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts, shoes, undies, sunscreen...". It's a fantastic feeling, to be on the brink of a fantastic adventure. I hope it turns out to be as fantastic as Sandy and I hope it will be. It will be. The first sign of it being utterly fantastic: when we land in San Jose there will be a man waiting to take us to Jaco. How will we know who he is? He will be standing in the airport arrivals area holding a sign with our names written on it. Who hasn't wanted that to happen to them before? FANTASTIC!

5 comments:

  1. i have you two bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamacita!! Have a great time! I am sitting at my desk and missing you already!! Disfrute Costa Rica!! Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please watch out for banana spiders. they are hella dangerous! love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, Just wanted to let u know Joanna and Stacy reached thier destination just fine! Just a quick FYI incase they dont post tonight

    ReplyDelete